Here is my website

Here is my music video

Monday 29 October 2018

5. Proposal

This post addresses many of the points constructed by the brief.

Artist Outline
The artist I have created is called 'Nero'. My artist is a male dance artist, who has donned a silver mask to create a mysterious yet vibrant personality. Although my artist enters a market already full of male DJs, 'Nero' will attempt to tackle discriminatory issues within society, such a s LGBT rights, albeit silently and subtly, as my artist does not speak, but rather conveys his messages through actions, such as my music video. I find that LGBT rights is one of the biggest discriminatory issues talked about in the music industry, yet very few male artists address it, with the main artists associated with LGBT rights being female, such as Lady Gaga. My artist will also display other politically left views, such as being against racism.

Choice of Track
My song choice for my music video is 'Wish You Were Mine', by Philip George. This song will be Nero's first single. The song I have chosen does involve lyrics, but they are not the main focus of the video. The lyrics will be secondary to the dance performance, which will focus on telling a short story about homosexuality through actions, rather than words. This will reflect the 'mysterious (through silence and mask) yet vibrant (through dance and DJing)' personality I aim to create for my artist. The song, originally about pursuing a heterosexual romance, will be adapted into a homosexual romance. I feel this adaptation could be a contrast to the original, which will reflect to the audience just how far LGBT rights have come.

Music Video Outline
My music video will be three minutes long, and will not contain lip-syncing. Instead, my video will feature dancing as the main performance type, with a DJ performance also involved. I intend to use a wide array of colour schemes, a varied mise-en-scene and fast paced editing to interest and attract individuals within my target audience group (16-25 AB culturally sophisticated people). My editing will also use techniques, such as grey scale, split-screen and slow-motion to captivate the audience. I also intend to include intertextuality, for example by using the same colour scheme in one my scenes as in a Daft Punk poster, in an effort to attract people already interested in this particular music genre.

Website Outline
I will create a homepage and a secondary webpage to accompany my music video, in building my artist's brand identity. The homepage will contain several edited stills, mixing an 'out of the ordinary' vibe (with brightly graded images and other editing techniques) with a classy look (this can be done with images I took of places in Italy). I will also link the homepage to my artist's social media, so audiences are able to interact with the artist, as well as including audio visual content, such as a blooper reel. On my secondary webpage, I will include information about Nero's music and shows, posting my music video on this page, as well as stating show times and other information relating to the artist's music.

Digital convergence
In order to digitally converge, my music video, website and any other digital media must synergise, creating a clear and distinguishable brand identity, for my artist, Nero. For example, I will use the same fonts across all online platforms, and similar colour schemes on both the website and the music video. The mask Nero wears across all forms of media helps to instantly distinguish him from the crowd, and will allow the audience to easily recognise him and his brand across all digital platforms.
Independent Production Company
I will create an independent production company for this task, as my artist, Nero, is new to the music industry, and so his record label, Universal Music Group, would not allocate the funds for a mainstream  production company. Independent companies also tend to be more creative than mainstream ones, which usually stick rigidly to the codes and conventions of the music video genre. My production company will be called AZ Productions, which represents my initials backwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment