Here is my website

Here is my music video

Tuesday 30 October 2018

6. My Artist Profile

My artist's name is Nero. Nero is an up and coming male dance music, who has donned a silver mask, saying more through actions than words.

Persona
Nero, like some other DJs in the music industry, features in his music videos, never saying a word, but dancing and DJing instead, in order to express his message. I intend to create a mysterious personality for Nero, one in which the artist seemingly hides behind the mask, but yet subtly gets his message across all the same. I will do this by using an implied narrative in my music video, which can be interpreted a multitude of different ways by the audience. I also want to incite a degree of playfulness to my artist, in order to make him seem not too serious and edgy. This will bring him down to earth for the audience, instead of isolating him behind a mask. My artist will also be presented as an Italian, in order to anchor the images on my website.

Inspirations


Marshmello- This American DJ built his brand identity from the extremely distinguishable mask, that hid his identity and kept fans guessing who he was. Although he was revealed as Chris Comstock in 2017, the artist had gained a loyal fanbase and established himself as a popular DJ, allowing his brand to stay strong, and largely influential on the world EDM stage.



Daft Punk- French duo Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter formed Daft Punk in 1993, donning robot looking masks and becoming instatntly recognisable as two of the most influential house music artists in the world. They have released several successful albums and even produced music for 'Tron: Legacy' in 2010.


Artist Design

Mood board for artist design

Artist costume






The first costume is inspired by the Daft Punk look in the photo above, as it blends my artist's mask quite nicely with a classy looking waistcoat. The second costume is the sports the tie for the uniform of my school, and is a fun little reference for my audience to take note of.

No comments:

Post a Comment