Here is my website

Here is my music video

Thursday 1 November 2018

8. My Website Homepage

Inspirations

Alan Walker- Alan Walker uses a specific, cybernetic theme on his website, which is kept consistent throughout the website. I will also aim to use a consistent theme throughout my website, albeit a different one. Walker also advertises his latest release, which I also plan to do, however not as the focus of the main page.


Marshmello- Marshmello's website uses many common codes and conventions of an artist's website to great effectiveness, utilizing these convention to help reinforce Marshmello's strong brand identity. Typical conventions used including advertising of the artist's videos, links to social media (in this case an Instagram feed), a list of showtimes, and a store for the artist's  merchandise. I plan to replicate many of these conventions on my website.

Initial flat plan
Initial Ideas of Stills

Photography
The stills for my website were all taken in a residential area, except for two particular photos that were taken by me in Italy. All photographs were heavily edited to create a distorted feel for each one.
Schedule for shooting stills
Final product
This image is the top of my main page. I have displayed links to every other page on my website at the top of the page, as well as social bar in the top right, with links to Nero's Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. I have chosen a distorted theme for my webpage, so many of my images, like the one on the left, are edited and filtered. The image on the right represents Nero's Italian heritage; the image was taken by me in Italy, and the name 'Nero' means 'black' in Italian, hence why I have gone with a black theme (however, the artist is not called Nero because it means black, rather instead because it references an old Roman emperor). 

This menu contains quick links to many of the other pages on my website. As per my theme, all of the images in this menu have been edited to look more distorted and visually interesting.


The above images are strips on my website, with each one represented by an aspect of the site. They are also all accompanied by distorted images. A strip is dedicated to the following: music video, news, brand sponsor and bio.
This is the bottom part of my main page, and contains my blooper reel and a link to Nero's social media, in the form of an Instagram feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment