Here is my website

Here is my music video

Monday 15 January 2018

1. How I intend to fulfil the requirements of the brief I have chosen

For this task, I have chosen the first brief, where I am required to create two 30 second adverts, for the new unisex deodorant, Wave. The adverts should be suitable for viewership on the channel E4, on weekdays, at 7-9 pm. The adverts must appeal to 16-25 year olds, both male and female, as the product is targeted at this age range.

I will use at least two actors; one per advert, of ages 16-17, and most liekely male and female. I will use these actors to represent the unisex target audience of 16-25. Also, I will consistantly express three key brand values, in order to well represent the target audience: active, youthful and unisex. I intend to follow the rules and regualtions set by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) when carrying this task out.

I intend to use conventional methods of deodorant adverts, like shot types, but I largely intend to break stereotypes as well. There is the possibility of challenging racial, gender and sexual stereotypes in my advert, carrying this out in a comedic sense, as I feel this is more likely to attract the attention of the target audience.

I will have two products, one presented in each advert, each with a different USP: one will offer 48 hr protection from odour and dryness, while the other protects from odours for 48 hr and smells really appealing. The products will both bear the same slogan, however: 'go against the flow', to show that people can be capable of completly new things if they put their mind to it. Each deodorant will be presented as a 'choice' (i.e. choose a certain deodorant depending on how you feel or, what you are going to do today). This will hopefully encourage consumers to purchase more than just one of the deodorants in the range.

During production, I intend to use two different settings: a park and a city. I will use only copyright free music and sounds, as well as creating my voice-over from scratch. There will be a variety of different camera shots and angles, such as long shot, mid shot, close up, low angle, pan and over the shoulder.

Below is my intial flat plan of ideas for my adverts:
Non-copyright music: This Is Me by Declan DP  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKIR_JzPI7U
Ideas may be subject to change over the course; final ideas will be illustrated in post 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment