Here is my website

Here is my music video

Tuesday 16 January 2018

2. Existing averts/campaigns I have researched and how these have influenced my ideas

Research is essential when creating a new advertising campaign, as it helps to give an idea of what appeals to the campaign's target audience, through spotting conventions.  Without these codes and conventions, I would have much less of an idea on how to appeal to my target audience. I have used the three adverts below as the main inspiration for my ideas.

1- Nivea Men Stress Protect
Above is Nivea's Stress Protect deodorant advert for men. Although this a stereotypical advert that follows plenty of male conventions, like impressing the woman, it also explores unusual themes, like riding a motorcycle, and descending from a high platform, using a rope. This helps the advert to stand out from other countless deodorant adverts, and reflects the excitement the target audience may crave during their day-to-day lives. This allows it to appeal to them, as they can relate to the man in the advert, and wish they were more like him. I plan to include more exciting elements in my advert,  to appeal to my target audience in a similar manner, both male and female.

2- Lynx Peace Deodorant
This advert inspired potential advert ideas, through its youthful, liberalist type message that is often popular among 16-25 year olds. Instead of having one actor who is beautified and focused on, a wide range of characters and settings are introduced, representing different races and genders to an extent. I plan to subtly use these unconventional methods in my adverts.

3- Old Spice Terry Crews Adverts
Although the above clip is a mirage of several Terry Crews adverts, they all share the same codes and conventions, with the main one being random humour. These load, randomly occurring jokes hold a sense of comedic value for my target audience, and I therefore plan to use this element in my TV commercials. These adverts stand out from many other deodorant adverts across the internet, TV and social media, and as a result give Old Spice more of a presence in the cosmetics industry. 

Researching these adverts gave me an insight into popular themes and messages from my target audience group, and allowed me to brainstorm ideas incorporating these themes and messages into my TV adverts.  I will be incorporating comedic, lighthearted themes into my adverts, as well as liberalist messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment