Here is my website

Here is my music video

Tuesday 30 January 2018

6. What I have learnt about industry in relation to print advertising and how I intend to use this knowledge and understanding, to ensure my production is appropriate to the media industry context of the set brief I have chosen.

The ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) employs a set of rules and regulations to follow, to ensure that adverts are not offensive, and/or do not potray negative messages which may promote inappropriate behaviour. Adverts must also not falsely advertise the products they are selling, as this can be misleading to consumers. Should an advert be deemed to possess any of these traits, a complaint can be issued to the ASA, who then review the advert, and remove it if they deem it to possess any of these traits. These rules can be found at https://www.asa.org.uk.

-Advertisements must contain nothing that could cause physical, mental, moral or social harm to persons under the age of 18.

-Advertisements must not cause serious or widespread offence against generally accepted moral, social or cultural standards.

-Advertisements must not include material that is likely to condone or encourage behaviour that prejudices health or safety.

-Advertisements must not distress the audience without justifiable reason. Advertisements must not exploit the audience's fears or superstitions.

-Advertisements must not mislead consumers by omitting material information. They must not mislead by hiding material information or presenting it in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely manner.

Nivea wrongly potrays anti-aging cream
This advert was banned by the ASA, as it falsely potrayed the cream as being able to make elder people look 15 years younger. The model, Cindy Joseph, already looked similar to her poster appearance before the campaign, and there is no noticeable difference. The ASA removed the ad after complaints that the cream did not work as it was promoted.

Overall, it is important to follow the rules and regualtions of the ASA, as they are there to guide advertisers and protect viewers from any harmful or misleading meesages, such as the one mentioned above.

Broadcasting channel: E4
I will be broadcasting my adverts on the channel E4, during primetime (7-9 pm). As a result, I will have to acknowledge the wants of the E4 audience: young people, aged 16 to 24 years old, and mostly female. Popular shows on the channel include Made in Chelsea, and the Inbetweeners, suggesting that the audience is fond of comedy, drama and romance. I will aim to reflect these genres in my ads. The channel E4 also conveys the brand identity well; youthful, active and unisex.

Copyright
I must adhere to the copyright laws of the ASA. As a result, I had to use copyright free music in my ads, which I sourced from the Audio Library and Non-Copyright Sounds channels on Youtube. Copyright free music is only copyright free if:
- The music was never copyrighted
- The author/artist has explicitly published the music into a public domain
- The copyright has expired
These are the tracks that I have used in my adverts:

No comments:

Post a Comment