Here is my website

Here is my music video

Tuesday 23 January 2018

4. What I have learnt about the content and appeal of television and how I intend to demonstrate this knowledge and understanding in my production in order to communicate successfully with the target audience.

Cosmetics adverts often use their content to portray the product the are selling in a positive light. They usually do this by creating an average, relatable character, who then goes on to become something more inspirational by using the product. This inspiration persuades the audience to buy the product.

Lynx Upgraded
This advert takes a common problem, which in this case is talking to a girl, and applies it to several visually appealing and memorable moments throughout history, making the main character seem glorified, but down to Earth and relatable at the same time. This factor will help sell the product among the target audience. Although I cannot replicate the visual effects of this advert, I can incorporate a unordinary themes into my advert, in order to portray my characters and ultimately my product in a positive light.

 Lynx Peace
This advert portrays a message throughout its duration. In this case, it is to make love, and not war. These overarching messages are important, as they can be used to appeal to a target audience, by matching their beliefs, or most noticeably, to spread a positive, liberal message, that people can think about and discuss, after they have watched the advert. Positive messages can be ones of freedom, challenging stereotypes or simply spreading positivity throughout a community. Positive messages will therefore also help the brand to gain popularity among viewers.

Adverts use content in many ways to create appeal, through conventions that appeal to the target audience. I plan to follow these conventions and themes, as mentioned in this post, in order to achieve a suitable advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment